Monday, September 3, 2012

Really Good Post About #hashtaging



Latinos in #Twitterlandia is an excellent post on how and why Latinaos (hybrid of "Latina" & "Latino") use Twitter.  Having looked at it a second or third time now, I notice it may be aged--from the early 2011s. A comment on the post noted how "hashtags are so 90s." For me it was fun to read.  Kudos to ClickZ for publishing it, and especially to Giovanni Rodriguez for writing it.  Love your photo, too, Giovanni (right.)    

I did attach #beinglatino and #latism to a couple of my tweets, and gained some (3?) followers.   I also had one true conversation--someone @me with a comment and I clarified.


ClickZ and Rodriguez both have an air of #corporatemarketingbrandingstrategy, which is not my thing, although it could be if you offered me enough money. Fun is fun, however, and I especially like these three observations by Rodriguez:  1. It's not just about tagging; it's about belonging.  2. It's not about "Twitter storms"; it's about persistent conversation.  3. It's not just about conversation; it's about organization, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment